I’ve been wanting to throw some colour onto my hair for ages. Pink and/or purple mainly. KM's Colour Bugs have always been in the back of my mind, but hearing about the shitty colour payoff for brunettes always ends up putting me off.
Regardless, when I spotted this in Priceline a few weeks ago, I bought it. I got excited. It was like $8. Even it was shit, it wouldn’t be too sad a loss. So here we are.
Here is my adventure.
1. Preparing for the event. Put shitty shirt on and take chunk of hair out so all is ready ready. Make silly face.
2. Start spraying the ends. Am perplexed as to why the colour is balling up. Try spraying from different distances. Still fail. Inspect awesome fluoro pink dye on my hand. WHY ISN’T THIS WORKING.
3. Get aggravated and put hair up. Spray aggressively at my head. Note the colour is still balling up and I now have a stained scalp. Feel incredibly attractive.
4. Wait for stuff to dry and let hair down. Hair feels crunchy and gross. Colour is not at all what I expected. Dyed scalp still sexy.
5. Notice spot of pink on the floor. Give up and decide that spray-on hair colour is best left to primary school sports carnivals.
This stuff sucks. The colour of the dye is awesome, but it just didn’t work for me. Plus, the balling thing is weird/annoying/shit. As are the fugly, crunchy strands I ended up with.
I’m going to give this another whirl when I’m exxxtra calm/patient and see how I’ll go. If it fails again, it’s trash city, bitch.
Any hair fails you'd like to share?