Friday, October 7, 2011

Not a fan...

I’m back with some things that I’m not a fan of. Things that were disappointing. Things I wouldn’t buy again. Things that were shithouse.


Dermalogica Clearing Mattifier
Bought this for my super-oily skin. Claims to work on oil reduction, keep makeup intact and clear up zits. Didn’t live up to any of those promises. I don’t hate the stuff but I’m definitely not buying it again or recommending it to anyone. That sounds a tad unfair but it just didn’t do anything for me. It may work if you have only a slight issue with oil, or get oily just in the T-zone.

Lancome Hypnose Drama
Didn’t buy this stuff with my own cashola, I got it at a PR event. Now, this is my first high-end mascara and most likely my last, given its performance. I expected a WOW!!!!11 factor and it just didn’t give it to me. Don’t get me wrong, it works just fine. It separated and lengthened and all that jazz, but it definitely isn’t worth the hefty price tag. There are far cheaper mascaras that absolutely kick this ones arse (WUT UP, COVERGIRL LASHBLAST VOLUME!).

OLAY Body Wash w/ Spa Exfoliating Ribbons
Lame name aside, I was excited to give this stuff a whirl. Only used it a few times (hence the nearly-full bottle) but I can safely say that it sucks and I will never repurchase it. It didn’t have nearly enough ‘micro beads’ to give me a decent exfoliation. I didn’t expect scrub-like results, but I did expect softer skin. Nah. It’s fine as a body wash alone but that’s beside the point – it didn’t do what it said it would. Boo for you, Olay.

Olay Regenerist Anti-Aging Eye Roller
Not only did this stuff irritate the shit out of my eyes, but it also made no diff to the fine lines. And if you’re thinking I put it too close to my eye, I didn’t. No matter how far down I slapped this stuff on, it always managed to creep into my eye and cause havoc. Bastard. This may work for someone else and not irritate them, but it certainly didn’t work for me. The only plus? The balls felt nice*. Cooling. Lush. Lovely.


Have any of you tried these prodz? What did you think? What’s disappointed you lately?


* Uh, lol.


4 comments:

  1. I have an Olay body wash (not exfoliating) which is THE most moisturising bodywash I've ever used. And they're regularly, like, three dollars in priceline. Went looking for a photo and found none, sigh.

    And I have the Lancome Hynose Doll Eyes mascara, which might be the best mascara I've ever used. Certainly the first to convince me to spend more that $20 on a mascara. It's kind of reassuring that you can't ever totally write off a brand.

    Except Formula 10.0.6, that stuff is insanely horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the exact same problem with that Olay eye roller thing, stings my eyes like crazy! I keep persisting with it but now that I know someone else has the same problem I'm just gonna chuck it out.

    As Suzanne said Lancome hypnose doll eyes is amazing, it's the only Lancome mascara I've ever tried but I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that Olay roller wotsit, though I can't think where I got it from - maybe Beauty Heaven sent it to me? It's been sitting in my fridge for months anyway - every now and then I take it out and try it but it does nothing, so back in the fridge it goes. I should probably chuck it out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no!i loved the mascara!

    :( xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...