Friday, July 22, 2011

5 Things I Enjoy Doing On Rainy Days

Where is this?! I'm in love.

I fucking love Sydney's weather right now. Gloomy, drizzly days and nights filled with thunder and lightening. Best. Ever.

As I sit here on Friday night (I turn into a hermit in the Wintertime), I couldn’t be more excited by the prospect of spending a rainy weekend at home, reading books and drinking hot, caffeinated beverages.

Anyways, enough rambling. Here’s 5 things I like to do on a rainy day/night/weekend:

Read: I’m talking books. There is absolutely nothing (NOTHING!) better than being snuggled in bed with a good book while the rain beats against your window. Just thinking about it makes me oddly happy.

Re-organise stuff: I’m obsessed with de-cluttering and re-organising. It's my thing. I’m thinking I may tackle the top drawer of my dressing table aka my crap bucket this weekend. Exciting!

Write: Combining two of my greatest loves = perfection.

Pamper myself: I enjoy pampering myself at home so much more when it’s raining outside. I don’t know why but I do. Yay for DIY facials and shoddy-looking manis!

Have a solo* movie-marathon: Does this really need explaining? Grab a snack, plant your arse on the couch and veg out for hours on end.

* This dude is allowed to join me.

What do you like doing when it’s pouring outside?


3 comments:

  1. god, everything you said. also some decent music. pumped up.

    and I'm far happier cleaning when it's raining. I dont LOVE it by any means, but I prefer it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Rain makes everything better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh been loving going to bed early with my books lately :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...