So, I try to do the whole hand cream thing, but I lose interest. Fast. I dunno, I guess I find it a little...tedious?
I received a pretty tube of MOR's Snow Gardenia Hand Cream a while ago, and while I was keen to give it a sniff (I love anything gardenia!), I was a bit meh about the whole hand cream thing.
Still, I cracked it open.
Heaven, heaven, it smells like heaven. One of the most beautiful gardenia-scented products I've ever come across. It's like diving into a fluffy mountain of sweet blooms. Lush! Despite the spot-on fragrance, I was surprised to see that it's also got Juniper Berry, Angelica, Ylang Ylang, Vanilla and Sandalwood thrown into the mix. Uh, cool?
The product itself is nice. It feels velvety and nourishes fairly well. Nothing spectacular. That being said, it sinks into the skin pretty fast, which is appreciated. DNW slippery, goo-hands.
To wrap things up, this is nice. If you're a sucker for the heady sweetness of gardenia, definitely investigate.
I lost another 3.5kg this past month! Woo! That means I've lost 11kg overall. Double woo! Can't begin to tell you how proud of myself I am. Plus, happy. Thrilled. Stoked. Pumped. Etc. I'm now sitting at 100kg.
And my measurements:
My waist is down to 98cm (was 104cm at my last update).
My hips are down to 122cm (were 128cm at my last update).
My thighs are down to 56.6cm (were 57.5cm at my last update).
I've been going out a lot more than usual this past month (warm weather = less hibernation) so I'm kinda surprised that I've stayed on track so nicely. I don't monitor what I eat when I go out (fuck that) and I drink freely. Obviously the eating well 95% of the time + exercising works. HOORAY FOR BEING ABLE TO EAT WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT (SOMETIMES)!
As for my skin, it's still not great. The star that is Sarah/dempeaux sorted out a new skincare regime for me so I know it's only going to get better from here. Sarah knows her shit.
As you can see, Velourlips have pigment for daaaaaaays. Those swatches are one swipe, people! Nuf said.
Their formula is divine. If you've tried NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, think creamier. If you haven't, these are basically a lightweight cream lippie that apply smoothly, evenly and feel almost 'whipped' on the lips. A lush, velvety feel. Really nice, basically. Once they set (takes about 40 seconds), they dry to a beautful, matte finish. And they don't feel drying either - they feel velvety soft. Oh, and they smell nice! Like sugary sherbet. Win, win, win.
As for lasting power, YES! Both Velourlips last incredibly well, even through food and drink. If I devour a hefty meal, I will get a little fading in the middle of my bottom lip, but it's no biggie. With little more than a smidgen of a touch-up, they'll see you into the night.
P.S. Here's my face featuring my fave, TOK-I-O:
Australis have legit knocked it out of the park with these. Not a single bad word to be said! I just wish there were more shades in the range...
If you enjoy matte lips, these are an absolute must. Heck, even if you don't, they'll probably convert you.
These retail for a nifty $9.95.
I'm off to buy a back-up of TOK-I-O and check out RIO-D. Seeeeeee yaaaaaah!
P.S. Here's my vid review, if you're down for my face (I'm wearing TOK-I-O in it)!
1. It detangles like nobody's business. When I first took my Tangle Teezer to a knot, I was floored. It got through it in seconds! Plus, it was a lot less painful than usual. Using a hairbrush on the other hand...FORTY MINUTES OF BRUTALITY.
2. It lets me brush my hair when it's wet. This means I can easily apply product and have a better experience when I blowdry because I don't have to battle with a crazy head of towel-dried hair.
3. It's a long haired girl's BFF. Long hair is great, but it can be hard to manage. Especially if you've got wavy, psycho hair. My Tangle Teezer brushes my hair so well, that is just makes everything better. It's a little hard to explain tbh. Let's just say it makes long hair much easier to deal with.
4. It encourages me to brush my hair regularly. Confession - before buying a Tangle Teezer, I rarely brushed my hair. This was the cycle:
Put it up in bun
Put it up in bun
Go about daily business
Nowadays, I brush my hair regularly because it's easy, enjoyable and effective.
5. They're cute and they come in different colours! I mean, hello!
P.S. I got mine from ASOS for about $17.
Do you gots a Tangle Teezer? Are you gon' get one?